Jul 6, 2008

CO-ED'S COURAGE -

Please be advised that the accompanying article contains some graphic and upsetting details regarding a young victim's fight for her life after being sexually assaulted and tortured then left to die in her off- campus apartment at columbia university, just last year.

I linked to this story because I vividly remembered when it happened-I was at once deeply disturbed over the horrific brutality involved in the crime and then, so moved by this young girls courage and will to live during the course of such a nightmare.

The memory of this story never left me (how could it?) and So to now read about this same woman now transcending the gap between victim and survivor--summoning that same extrordinary courage, to now testify against her rapist/torturer, all in an effort to insure that he never again harm another woman....This is what I call a hero.

No comments: